Benefits of Membership
Educational/Leadership Benefits of Membership
- Membership meetings with invited guest speakers to provide information on topics of importance and relevance to county officials.
- UCCI Leadership Academy program developed in partnership with the University of Illinois and designed for county officials who want to explore new ideas and learn practical methods that are relevant to current issues, challenges and opportunities across the state.
- Education seminars held each spring, summer and fall to provide training for county officials. Periodic regional seminars held across the state to update county officials on Open Meetings Act, Robert's Rules of Order, Ethics/Conflicts of Interest and other topics impacting the responsibilities of county officials in the governance of their county.
Financial Benefits of Membership
- Counties joining UCCI as a new member receive a 50% discount on their first year’s dues.
- Those counties participating in the ICRMT insurance program receive an annual 80% discount in dues.
- Member counties are paid an attendance stipend of $400.00 for each regularly scheduled UCCI membership meeting at which they have a representative in attendance.
- There is no attendance or registration fee for participation in functions or seminars sponsored by UCCI.
Other Benefits of Membership
Member County Reimbursement - 2019 Trip to Washington, DC
- Up to a total of $2,000 per UCCI member county.